Goat-O-Rama Packgoat Prospects for Sale!
It's that time of year when the kids are getting big and ready to go to their new homes! We've got three packgoat prospects available this season, and all of them are gorgeous! All three are by our beautiful and outgoing buck, Moonshadow, a.k.a. "Pest". Pest is registered Nubian on his sire's side and a mix of primarily Alpine on his dam's side, but with a healthy dose of Oberhasli and a pinch of Saanen. The Oberhasli is especially evident in Pest's wide, intelligent face and his striking bay coloring. Pest is one of the friendliest goats I've ever met and would make an excellent packgoat in his own right if he weren't intact. He passes his innate affection for people to his kids, along with his strong, athletic conformation and outstanding feet and legs. As an added bonus, Pest often throws beautiful colors, including moonspots!  

Pest will be standing for stud with us in September, but once he's bred my does I will be looking for a new home for him, hopefully as a breeding buck. Pest just turned three years old last month so he has a long life ahead of him. However, after this fall I will have stood him here for four seasons and I've kept a lot of his daughters so I need to find new blood. I'll be very sad to let Pest go, but it's time. Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing him this fall! As a buck, he will go to the right home only! If a suitable home cannot be found then I plan to wether him so he can go on to live a long, happy life as a packgoat (a job to which I think he would be perfectly suited!). 

Now for the kids! 

First up is Merlin, a lovely tri-colored boy with a gentle, willing personality. He's primarily black and white now, but we can see his front quarters beginning to darken and we think he'll be a stunning mousy gray with white spots in the front end when he's mature. He's a sweet little guy with very balanced conformation and kind eyes. He's got the short, silky coat typical of the Nubian breed, which means he should make an excellent goat for desert hiking. But don't worry about the cold. Short-coated goats handle our Colorado winters just fine! Asking $300.  

Next up we have a pair that we won't separate. Moony and Padfoot are twin brothers from my doe with the best packgoat conformation. Sadie is a huge doe who stamps all of her kids with long, correct legs and her gentle personality. Moony has been a favorite here since the moment he was born. He is one of the most wildly-colored kids ever born at Goat-O-Rama, with more moonspots than he knows what to do with! Moony has also never met a stranger. He adores people and from the time he could first toddle he was always looking for someone to hold him. Until he got too big, Moony saw an open lap as an open invitation. Moony's twin brother, Padfoot, on the other hand, is the mama's boy of the two. He is naturally more shy and less adventuresome than his brother, but he's very gentle and has been getting more bold and independent as he's matured. We think he's going to turn out just fine, but since he relies on his brother to lend him confidence we've decided to sell the two as a pair. Both these boys are enormous and are going to be very big goats. Moony has an especially muscular build like his papa. Padfoot is somewhat taller and leaner and is going to be a substantial goat when he matures. Padfoot is a dark blue roan with fewer spots than his crazy-spotted brother. If you are looking to get into harness goats, these two would make a spectacular driving team! Asking $600 for the pair.  

I'm located in Rye, CO. You can find these and my doelings on my sales page at www.goatorama.com. I maintain a CAE/CL/Johnes-free herd (all breeding animals tested annually, and whole herd tested every 3 years)
For inquiries you can call me at 719-489-2732 (No texts! It's a landline!)
Merlin, Moony, and Padfoot are SOLD!

Pest is still for sale (available in October) and so are 3 of his daughters. I need to post some photos of them. All of these girls are very nice, but one of them (Snowball's daughter, Esmeralda) should make an outstanding packgoat mama. She has very strong, athletic conformation and loves to jump! I'll post photos in a few days.