Saddle dimensions
Finally got around to designing the side boards to lighten them up a bit

Slowly but surely making progress. Drilled holes for the basic lay out of the design next step is to mill them out and I'll finally be able to cut the one side down to size and theeennnn to finish the other side.

Finished one side board. Here's how it came out and the weight difference from before and after

Very cool! I love seeing these updates!
Got the legs cut down to final length and hooked up one side of the rigging just to see how it all looked

Still have a few more odd and ends things to cut up and machine so some more weight will be lost but not bad at 6.14lbs for all the rigging and saddle. Now to make some pads 

It's looking really good!!! I can't wait to see it on a goat! If you don't mind where did you get the rigging?
(09-11-2024, 01:14 PM)Missy Wrote: It's looking really good!!! I can't wait to see it on a goat! If you don't mind where did you get the rigging?

I got it from packgoats.com.
(09-11-2024, 03:43 PM)Moorefieldc Wrote:
(09-11-2024, 01:14 PM)Missy Wrote: It's looking really good!!! I can't wait to see it on a goat! If you don't mind where did you get the rigging?

I got it from packgoats.com.

Thankyou! Smile
All that work just to get covered up ? shortened up some bolts and reworked the flanges to help lose some weight. Now to figure out what I'm gonna do about a pad