Saddle prototype
Lovely! Can't wait to see how it performs in the field!
(09-12-2024, 05:44 AM)Nanno Wrote: Lovely! Can't wait to see how it performs in the field!

I was hoping to try it out soon but With how it all fitted together and finding interferences with bolt heads from the rigging I'm going to try and change up the design of the crossbuck legs

Last update for the week. New crossbuck design. When it's all said and done it'll save a little over half a pound in weight

New cross buck legs and mounts are done. Now I just need to order some pads and a breast collar and we will finally be ready to test it all out

I see you packgoats and raise you one pack Dane. My goats live 3 minutes away and wanted to test fit the saddle so he's the next closest thing I got to a goat. Side note panniers have been ordered now. Getting ready to give it a trial run soon.

Is there a chance I can change the name to this thread? It's more of a prototype now than trying to find dimensions
I changed the threat title to "Saddle Prototype." I believe you can also change the thread title by editing your first post. Click the "Full Edit" option and the title field should be editable. Hope that helps!
(09-25-2024, 06:00 AM)Nanno Wrote: I changed the threat title to "Saddle Prototype." I believe you can also change the thread title by editing your first post. Click the "Full Edit" option and the title field should be editable. Hope that helps!

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could do it myself and this is the first forum I've been on in 10 years so it's a whole learning process
Yeah, forums are a bit "old skool" and there aren't many of us who hang out here, but it's nice for us remnants who choose to shun the endlessly flushing toilet that is Facebook. Smile
I may be able to machine cool stuff but sewing is beyond my abilities. The pictures makes them look blue but they are teal.