Saddle prototype
Cool! I can't wait to see them on your saddle!
I see you ordered them from Putnam Packgoats, how did you do it? I tried contacting them about buying a saddle and they never got back with me.
(10-01-2024, 10:27 PM)Missy Wrote: I see you ordered them from Putnam Packgoats, how did you do it? I tried contacting them about buying a saddle and they never got back with me.

I messaged him on Facebook. I've been I contact with him since I started this custom saddle journey a few months ago and found out he made and sold panniers about 2 weeks ago.
Rifle is attached and as low as I can get it! Operation "war goat" is ready to be tested!

(10-01-2024, 10:27 PM)Missy Wrote: I see you ordered them from Putnam Packgoats, how did you do it? I tried contacting them about buying a saddle and they never got back with me.

I sent you a message about it!
(10-03-2024, 08:57 PM)Moorefieldc Wrote:

I sent you a message about it!

Thankyou! Wink
Coming up with a new design for the crossbuck legs. It'll have a bigger slot for the pannier straps and I'm going to incorporate hex holes to hold the tools needed for the saddles. And keeping with the design of my side boards I had to throw some triangles in there also.

Foam for the pads came in today. Looks a little tight towards the center. New cross buck legs will be here monday with a extra 1/4" clearance for the boards to pivot more.

Well the saddle is pretty much done gonna make a couple more changes here and there but it's useable. the new cross buck design needs to have the edges filed down. Going to order some material and make some rigging and panniers next after I get my sewing machine figured out.